Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- 250gm cream cheese
- 50g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 100ml milk
- 60gm 00 flour
- 20gm corn flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 140gm caster sugar
- Preheat fan forced oven to 130C/conventional oven 160C. Lightly grease an 8-inch spring form pan and lin the base with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, bring an inch of water up to a simmer and place a heatproof bowl on top to cover. Add the cream cheese, butter and milk. Stir continuously until well combined and the butter and cheese has melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once cream cheese mixture has cooled add in flour, cornflour, salt, lime juice and egg yolks and gently whisk to combine, ensuring there are no small lumps remaining.
- In a stand mixer add the egg whites and cream of tartar and lightly beat until foamy, approximately 3-4 minutes. Pour in sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Transfer 1/3 of egg white mixture into cream cheese and gently fold through. Repeat with another 1/3. Finally, Pour the cream cheese mixture into the remaining 1/3 of meringue and very gently fold through to combine.
- Transfer to prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Allow the cake to rest in the oven with the door open to avoid a sudden change in temperature. Allow to cool.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...