Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- 250gm cream cheese
- 50g Ballantyne Rolled Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 100ml milk
- 60gm 00 flour
- 20gm corn flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 140gm caster sugar
- Preheat fan forced oven to 130C/conventional oven 160C. Lightly grease an 8-inch spring form pan and lin the base with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, bring an inch of water up to a simmer and place a heatproof bowl on top to cover. Add the cream cheese, butter and milk. Stir continuously until well combined and the butter and cheese has melted. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once cream cheese mixture has cooled add in flour, cornflour, salt, lime juice and egg yolks and gently whisk to combine, ensuring there are no small lumps remaining.
- In a stand mixer add the egg whites and cream of tartar and lightly beat until foamy, approximately 3-4 minutes. Pour in sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Transfer 1/3 of egg white mixture into cream cheese and gently fold through. Repeat with another 1/3. Finally, Pour the cream cheese mixture into the remaining 1/3 of meringue and very gently fold through to combine.
- Transfer to prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Allow the cake to rest in the oven with the door open to avoid a sudden change in temperature. Allow to cool.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...