Key Lime Tart
- 395ml Brancourts Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Pack
- 400gm plain digestive biscuits
- 200gm unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 180ml lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- Pre-heat oven to 160C. Very lightly grease a 20cm loose-based tart tin.
- In a food processor add the digestive biscuits and blitz into a crumb. Transfer to a large bowl and add melted butter and salt. Mix well to combine. Pour crumb mixture into the tart tin and firmly press into the base and sides ensuring even coverage. Place into oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. **If the biscuit has risen slightly, gently press down with the back of a dessert spoon to re-form and even base.
- Using electric beaters or stand mixer, whisk egg yolks for 1-2 minutes or until slightly foamy. Add condensed milk and whisk for 3-4 minutes. Finally, add lime juice and lime zest and whisk for a further 3 minutes. Pour filling into the cooled tart base and level out with a spatula if required. Place back into the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and transfer to refrigerator to set for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve with slightly whipped thickened cream and top with lime zest.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...