Key Lime Tart
- 395ml Brancourts Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Pack
- 400gm plain digestive biscuits
- 200gm unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 180ml lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- Pre-heat oven to 160C. Very lightly grease a 20cm loose-based tart tin.
- In a food processor add the digestive biscuits and blitz into a crumb. Transfer to a large bowl and add melted butter and salt. Mix well to combine. Pour crumb mixture into the tart tin and firmly press into the base and sides ensuring even coverage. Place into oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. **If the biscuit has risen slightly, gently press down with the back of a dessert spoon to re-form and even base.
- Using electric beaters or stand mixer, whisk egg yolks for 1-2 minutes or until slightly foamy. Add condensed milk and whisk for 3-4 minutes. Finally, add lime juice and lime zest and whisk for a further 3 minutes. Pour filling into the cooled tart base and level out with a spatula if required. Place back into the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and transfer to refrigerator to set for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve with slightly whipped thickened cream and top with lime zest.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...