2 – 4 people
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 125ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 120gm Lurpak unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- ½ tsp butter
- 400gm shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking dish with baking paper.
- In a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the eggs on high and gradually add the sugar.
- Whisk until sugar has dissolved. Pour in the milk and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Remove from stand mixer and sift in the flour. Gently stir the flour through the mixture until combined. Add the butter and gently fold through. Pour into prepared baking tray and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden on the top.
- Remove and allow to cool in the tin slightly before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Use a serrated knife to cut into 20 squares.
- Prepare chocolate icing by sifting the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the water and butter and mix to combine until smooth and silky.
- Spread a little of the coconut on a baking tray. Use two forks to handle each piece of sponge, first coating them in the chocolate icing and then transferring to the coconut. Turn to coat each piece evenly and transfer back to the wire rack to set.
- Repeat with remaining sponge, adding fresh coconut to the baking tray when needed.
- Store in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
Our friends at Wine Selector suggest that a Chilled Tawny would go perfectly with this dish.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...