Lemon Cheesecake with Tangelo
- 200g Marie biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 600g full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 200g caster sugar
- 200ml sour cream
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest 2 lemon, juice 1
- 50g plain flour for the candied tangelo
- 2 tangelos, sliced cross sections
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 tangelos
- Flesh of 4 tangelos
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- For the base of the cheesecake, blitz the Marie biscuits and melted butter in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Pour the mixture into the base of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin in an even layer and pack it in, smoothing it down using the back of a soup spoon. Chill until needed.
- Heat the oven to 180°C. For the filling, mix the room temperature cream cheese, caster sugar
- and soured cream together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently beat in
- the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and lemon zest and juice. Mix in the flour
- and whisk until smooth. Spoon the mixture over the chilled biscuit base, then level the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is lightly golden and set at the edges but the middle still has a good wobble when the cheesecake is shaken gently. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 120°C
- For the candied tangelo, heat the sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add in the tangelo slices and let it simmer for 20 mins.Remove the tangelo slices and place onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle over some caster sugar and place in the oven and dehydrate for 20 mins.
- For the tangelo jam, slice the zest into thin strips and cut the flesh into smaller pieces.
- Blanch the zest in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and strain and do it another
- This helps remove the bitterness from any pith.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...