Lemon Cheesecake with Tangelo
- 200g Marie biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 600g full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 200g caster sugar
- 200ml sour cream
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest 2 lemon, juice 1
- 50g plain flour for the candied tangelo
- 2 tangelos, sliced cross sections
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 tangelos
- Flesh of 4 tangelos
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- For the base of the cheesecake, blitz the Marie biscuits and melted butter in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Pour the mixture into the base of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin in an even layer and pack it in, smoothing it down using the back of a soup spoon. Chill until needed.
- Heat the oven to 180°C. For the filling, mix the room temperature cream cheese, caster sugar
- and soured cream together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently beat in
- the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and lemon zest and juice. Mix in the flour
- and whisk until smooth. Spoon the mixture over the chilled biscuit base, then level the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is lightly golden and set at the edges but the middle still has a good wobble when the cheesecake is shaken gently. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 120°C
- For the candied tangelo, heat the sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add in the tangelo slices and let it simmer for 20 mins.Remove the tangelo slices and place onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle over some caster sugar and place in the oven and dehydrate for 20 mins.
- For the tangelo jam, slice the zest into thin strips and cut the flesh into smaller pieces.
- Blanch the zest in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and strain and do it another
- This helps remove the bitterness from any pith.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...