2 – 4 people
- 75gm Lurpak unsalted butter
- 200gm caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 mandarins
- 4 eggs, separated
- 75gm self-raising flour
- 350ml milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 170C. Lightly grease a 1 Litre oven proof dish with butter.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter, half of the sugar, and lemon zest and beat using a paddle mixer on a medium speed until light and creamy. Add the yolks in one at a time and beat to combine. Remove from the mixer and add the flour, lemon and mandarin juices, milk and salt. Fold through to combine.
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Add remaining sugar and beat well until stiff peaks form.
- Add ½ of the egg white mixture to the lemon batter and gently fold through. Repeat with the remaining egg white and fold through until combined. Pour into prepared dish and place in the middle of a deep baking tray. Fill the baking tray with water, ½ way up the lemon pudding dish. Place in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until just set with a slight wobble in the centre. Allow to cool slightly before serving with pouring cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Semillon.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...