2 – 4 people
- 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- Line a 2 Litre loaf pan with baking paper, leaving enough overhang to cover.
- Whisk the yoghurt and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate clean mixing bowl, add the egg whites, honey, cream of tartar and a small pinch of salt (approx. 1/8 tsp) and place over a pot of simmering water (the water must not touch the base of the bowl). Stir continuously for approximately 2 minutes to evenly warm the egg white mixture. Remove from the heat and whisk with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until you have firm and glossy stiff peaks.
- Add in two large spoonfuls of meringue to the yoghurt and whisk to combine. Add in further ½ of the meringue mixture and gently fold to combine. Repeat with remaining meringue and gently fold until fully incorporated.
- Pour in ½ of the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, add a layer of sliced mango (reserving some to garnish) and top with remaining meringue. Smooth with a spatula and cover with the overhanging baking paper. Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, uncover and place the tin in a little warm water for a few second to loosen slightly. Place a serving platter over the top of the loaf tin and flip over to turn out. Peel off the baking paper and garnish with remaining mango, macadamias and finely chopped mint. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...