2 – 4 people
- 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- Line a 2 Litre loaf pan with baking paper, leaving enough overhang to cover.
- Whisk the yoghurt and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate clean mixing bowl, add the egg whites, honey, cream of tartar and a small pinch of salt (approx. 1/8 tsp) and place over a pot of simmering water (the water must not touch the base of the bowl). Stir continuously for approximately 2 minutes to evenly warm the egg white mixture. Remove from the heat and whisk with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until you have firm and glossy stiff peaks.
- Add in two large spoonfuls of meringue to the yoghurt and whisk to combine. Add in further ½ of the meringue mixture and gently fold to combine. Repeat with remaining meringue and gently fold until fully incorporated.
- Pour in ½ of the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, add a layer of sliced mango (reserving some to garnish) and top with remaining meringue. Smooth with a spatula and cover with the overhanging baking paper. Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, uncover and place the tin in a little warm water for a few second to loosen slightly. Place a serving platter over the top of the loaf tin and flip over to turn out. Peel off the baking paper and garnish with remaining mango, macadamias and finely chopped mint. Serve immediately.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup honey 3 Tbsp water 200ml Coles Thickened cream 200ml Jalna Sweet and Creamy Yoghurt 4 meringue nests, roughly broken 2 ripe peaches, roughly chopped 2 Tbsp pistachios, chopped METHOD : Place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 125ml extra thick cream 3 eggs 3 Tbsp caster sugar ½ cup (60gm) plain flour 400gm frozen cherries, thawed 2 tsp vanilla extract Vanilla ice cream to serve METHOD : Preheat oven to 200C....
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 100gm or roughly 5 egg yolks 100gm caster sugar 100ml lemon juice METHOD : Whisk the ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl until combined. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 eggs ½ cup caster sugar 125ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted 120gm Lurpak unsalted butter, melted ICING 2 cups icing sugar 3 Tbsp Dutch cocoa powder 1/3 cup boiling water ½...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup plain flour 1 tablespoons baking powder 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 tablespoons maple syrup 2 punnets of blueberries To Serve: Vanilla Icecream Extra maple syrup Extra blueberries METHOD : Mix flour,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp pistachios 3 Tbsp hazelnuts 3 Tbsp almonds ½ Tbsp cumin seeds ½ Tbsp coriander seeds ½ Tbsp sesame seeds 1 tsp brown sugar Salt 250gm digestive biscuits 120gm Lurpak unsalted butter, melted 300gm...