2 – 4 people
- 200gm LURPAK unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup biscuit flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp LURPAK unsalted butter, softened
- Boiled water
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Remove from the mixer and sift in both flours and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball (just smaller than a golf ball). Place onto prepared baking tray and repeat with remainder of the dough. Lightly flour the back of a fork and gently press down in the centre of each ball to flatten slightly. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. In a mixing bowl, add the icing sugar, vanilla and butter and add a small amount of water. Whisk to combine. Add a little more water, whisking, until you have a spreadable consistency.
- When biscuits have cooled completely, spread a small amount of icing onto a biscuit and sandwich together with another.
- Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest pairing these with Moscato as it is light and fresh with a gentle sweetness.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...