2 – 4 people
- 200gm LURPAK unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup biscuit flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp LURPAK unsalted butter, softened
- Boiled water
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Remove from the mixer and sift in both flours and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball (just smaller than a golf ball). Place onto prepared baking tray and repeat with remainder of the dough. Lightly flour the back of a fork and gently press down in the centre of each ball to flatten slightly. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. In a mixing bowl, add the icing sugar, vanilla and butter and add a small amount of water. Whisk to combine. Add a little more water, whisking, until you have a spreadable consistency.
- When biscuits have cooled completely, spread a small amount of icing onto a biscuit and sandwich together with another.
- Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest pairing these with Moscato as it is light and fresh with a gentle sweetness.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...