Olive Oil & Pepper Stewed Strawberries
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 20-30 mins
- 2 punnets Coles strawberries
- 75g caster sugar
- 75mls Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ bunch of basil, leaves sliced thinly
- Coles Black Pepper
- 1tub Coles Mascarpone
- ½ bunch of basil, leaves for garnish
- 1 packet of Coles Scotch Fingers
- 300g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- Remove the strawberries’ calyx (leafy tops) and dice them evenly before throwing them into a medium saucepan. Drizzle some olive oil and add caster sugar – stir and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes, until the strawberries have cooked down and softened. Make sure there’s still some texture in the strawberries.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of pepper into the stewed strawberries, remove from heat and mix the basil through. Then, allow it to cool down by placing it into the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- To serve, using your fingers, crumble some Scotch fingers into a bowl and add a dollop of Mascarpone cheese. Pour the stewed strawberries in and season with more cracked pepper. Finish with some more crumbled biscuits, some basil and a light drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...