Olive Oil & Pepper Stewed Strawberries
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 20-30 mins
- 2 punnets Coles strawberries
- 75g caster sugar
- 75mls Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ bunch of basil, leaves sliced thinly
- Coles Black Pepper
- 1tub Coles Mascarpone
- ½ bunch of basil, leaves for garnish
- 1 packet of Coles Scotch Fingers
- 300g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- Remove the strawberries’ calyx (leafy tops) and dice them evenly before throwing them into a medium saucepan. Drizzle some olive oil and add caster sugar – stir and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes, until the strawberries have cooked down and softened. Make sure there’s still some texture in the strawberries.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of pepper into the stewed strawberries, remove from heat and mix the basil through. Then, allow it to cool down by placing it into the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- To serve, using your fingers, crumble some Scotch fingers into a bowl and add a dollop of Mascarpone cheese. Pour the stewed strawberries in and season with more cracked pepper. Finish with some more crumbled biscuits, some basil and a light drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...