2 – 4 people
- 2 navel oranges, about 500g
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Cobram Estate olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 120g white chocolate, melted
- Icing sugar to dust
- Double cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line a 23cm spring form cake pan.
Cut the top and bottom from each orange and discard.
- Roughly chop the whole oranges and place into a food processor and blend into a coarse puree. You can also use a stick blender for this. Add in the olive oil and vanilla and process to combine.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, bi-carb, coconut, cardamom and sea salt in a bowl until combined. Use electric beaters to beat the eggs and sugar together in a separate bowl for 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Use a large metal spoon to mix the orange mixture into the flour mixture. Gently fold through the fluffy eggs and white chocolate until just combined. Be careful not to over mix or the cake will be dense.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Dust liberally with icing sugar and serve with Double cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Topaque
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...