2 – 4 people
- 2 navel oranges, about 500g
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Cobram Estate olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 120g white chocolate, melted
- Icing sugar to dust
- Double cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line a 23cm spring form cake pan.
Cut the top and bottom from each orange and discard.
- Roughly chop the whole oranges and place into a food processor and blend into a coarse puree. You can also use a stick blender for this. Add in the olive oil and vanilla and process to combine.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, bi-carb, coconut, cardamom and sea salt in a bowl until combined. Use electric beaters to beat the eggs and sugar together in a separate bowl for 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Use a large metal spoon to mix the orange mixture into the flour mixture. Gently fold through the fluffy eggs and white chocolate until just combined. Be careful not to over mix or the cake will be dense.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Dust liberally with icing sugar and serve with Double cream.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...