2 – 4 people
- 1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered
- ¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices
- ½ cup Lurpak salted butter
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cream
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees.
- Put a large, oven-safe pan over stove. Pour in sugar and stir while melting.
- Once sugar has melted and turned a golden brown colour, carefully pour in cream and add butter. Once butter has melted, take pan off heat and allow caramel to cool slightly for around 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, place strawberries and pineapple slices into the pan, sliced face down, ensuring that the two fruits are evenly spread throughout.
- Take puff pastry sheet and cover fruit in pan. Press edges down around fruit and pierce pastry a few times with a knife.
- Put pan into the oven for 30 minutes, or until pastry is crispy and golden.
- Take pan out of stove and carefully tip some of the extra caramel sauce into a bowl, keeping the pastry in place in the pan with a spoon.
- With a plate wider than the pan, cover the pan and carefully flip so that the tarte tatin comes out onto the plate. Drizzle tarte tatin with the extra caramel sauce.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...