2 – 4 people
- 1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered
- ¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices
- ½ cup Lurpak salted butter
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cream
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees.
- Put a large, oven-safe pan over stove. Pour in sugar and stir while melting.
- Once sugar has melted and turned a golden brown colour, carefully pour in cream and add butter. Once butter has melted, take pan off heat and allow caramel to cool slightly for around 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, place strawberries and pineapple slices into the pan, sliced face down, ensuring that the two fruits are evenly spread throughout.
- Take puff pastry sheet and cover fruit in pan. Press edges down around fruit and pierce pastry a few times with a knife.
- Put pan into the oven for 30 minutes, or until pastry is crispy and golden.
- Take pan out of stove and carefully tip some of the extra caramel sauce into a bowl, keeping the pastry in place in the pan with a spoon.
- With a plate wider than the pan, cover the pan and carefully flip so that the tarte tatin comes out onto the plate. Drizzle tarte tatin with the extra caramel sauce.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups almond meal 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon 2 large ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2...
View Jess' special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Matt's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...