2 – 4 people
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 heaped tablespoon Coles white chia seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 thick slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread, toasted
SALTED ALMOND BUTTER:
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place the blueberries into a small pot over a medium heat. Mix the chia seeds into the water for 1-2 minutes, or until turned into a thin gel. Add into the pot with the blueberries and bring up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and add in the maple syrup and vanilla. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the jam has turned thick and syrupy. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before transferring into a sterilized jar.
- For the almond butter, place the almonds and sea salt into a small food processor. Blitz for 2-3 minutes, or until the almonds have broken down into a soft butter like texture.
- To serve, spread the almond butter onto hot toast and dollop over the blueberry chia jam.
- *Jam will store in the refrigerator and use within 7 days.
- *Almond butter will last as long as the used by date on the almond packet.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chilled Tawny.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:CARAMEL:1 - 2 cups Coles Caster SugarCUSTARD:400ml Coles milk250g Philadelphia Spreadable cream cheese375g Coles condensed milk5 whole eggsVanilla bean pasteColes Aluminium foilMETHOD:Preheat oven to 140. In...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 100gm Coles plain flour 1¼ cup Coles caster sugar 1 tsp mixed spice 160ml full cream milk 3 eggs Zest of 1 lemon 25gm LURPAK salted butter 2 Tbsp. pistachios, roughly chopped 4 figs, sliced ¼ cup Greek...