2 – 4 people
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 heaped tablespoon Coles white chia seeds
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 thick slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread, toasted
SALTED ALMOND BUTTER:
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place the blueberries into a small pot over a medium heat. Mix the chia seeds into the water for 1-2 minutes, or until turned into a thin gel. Add into the pot with the blueberries and bring up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and add in the maple syrup and vanilla. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, or until the jam has turned thick and syrupy. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before transferring into a sterilized jar.
- For the almond butter, place the almonds and sea salt into a small food processor. Blitz for 2-3 minutes, or until the almonds have broken down into a soft butter like texture.
- To serve, spread the almond butter onto hot toast and dollop over the blueberry chia jam.
- *Jam will store in the refrigerator and use within 7 days.
- *Almond butter will last as long as the used by date on the almond packet.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups almond meal 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon 2 large ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2...
View Jess' special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Matt's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...