2 – 4 people
- ¾ cup bittersweet dark chocolate chip melts
- 2/3 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ cup Coles hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cardamom
- 2 firm beurre bosc pears, core removed and thinly sliced
- icing sugar for dusting
- Double cream to serve
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line the bottom of a 9-Inch springfrom flan/tart pan with baking paper. Grease the pan lightly with olive oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the EVOO, brown sugar, hazelnut meal, almond meal, egg yolks, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Stir well until well mixed. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, add into the bowl and mix through.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites through the chocolate mixture until incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top. Arrange the sliced pears onto the batter, place into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into wedges. Dust with icing sugar just before serving with a dollop of double cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liquor Muscat.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups almond meal 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon 2 large ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2...
View Jess' special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Matt's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...