2 – 4 people
- ¾ cup bittersweet dark chocolate chip melts
- 2/3 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ cup Coles hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cardamom
- 2 firm beurre bosc pears, core removed and thinly sliced
- icing sugar for dusting
- Double cream to serve
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line the bottom of a 9-Inch springfrom flan/tart pan with baking paper. Grease the pan lightly with olive oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the EVOO, brown sugar, hazelnut meal, almond meal, egg yolks, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Stir well until well mixed. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, add into the bowl and mix through.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites through the chocolate mixture until incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top. Arrange the sliced pears onto the batter, place into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into wedges. Dust with icing sugar just before serving with a dollop of double cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liquor Muscat.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...