2 – 4 people
- ¾ cup bittersweet dark chocolate chip melts
- 2/3 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¾ cup Coles hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cardamom
- 2 firm beurre bosc pears, core removed and thinly sliced
- icing sugar for dusting
- Double cream to serve
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line the bottom of a 9-Inch springfrom flan/tart pan with baking paper. Grease the pan lightly with olive oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the EVOO, brown sugar, hazelnut meal, almond meal, egg yolks, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Stir well until well mixed. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, add into the bowl and mix through.
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites through the chocolate mixture until incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top. Arrange the sliced pears onto the batter, place into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into wedges. Dust with icing sugar just before serving with a dollop of double cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liquor Muscat.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:CARAMEL:1 - 2 cups Coles Caster SugarCUSTARD:400ml Coles milk250g Philadelphia Spreadable cream cheese375g Coles condensed milk5 whole eggsVanilla bean pasteColes Aluminium foilMETHOD:Preheat oven to 140. In...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 100gm Coles plain flour 1¼ cup Coles caster sugar 1 tsp mixed spice 160ml full cream milk 3 eggs Zest of 1 lemon 25gm LURPAK salted butter 2 Tbsp. pistachios, roughly chopped 4 figs, sliced ¼ cup Greek...