2 – 4 people
- 185g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 120g salted Lurpak butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 90g Philadelphia cream cheese, cold, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons cream, cold
ALMOND BASE FILLING:
- 50g Almond meal
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 500g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 80g caster sugar
- Zest of ½ orange
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- *Vanilla ice cream or double cream to serve
- To make the pastry, place the flour, baking powder and butter into a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds or until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add in the cream cheese and pulse again to form crumbs, then add in the cream and pulse until the mixture comes together. Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface and press into a disc.Wrap the dough in cling film and set aside in the fridge for 2 hours to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix together the almond base ingredients in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 40cm circle around 3-4mm thick. Carefully transfer the pastry to a lined oven tray and sprinkle with the almond meal mixture leaving a 5cm border on the outside. Toss the strawberries with the sugar, orange and cornflour. Place the strawberries onto the almond mixture and carefully draw the pastry border up and over the filling, leaving an area uncovered. Brush the egg mixture all around the outside of the border and sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly before serving with Cream or vanilla ice cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Moscato.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...