2 – 4 people
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup red syrup
- 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk
- crushed ice
- a pinch of salt
- jackfruit (sliced)
- Add 1 cup of red syrup into a bowl with water chestnuts, mixing well to ensure each cube of water chestnuts are coated with colouring. Allow to sit for a while until they are evenly coloured.
- Stir in half the tapioca flour and combine well until each piece of water chestnut is well coated.Scoop them out and place coated water chestnuts into a colander and lightly shake off excess flour.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Carefully ladle in coated water chestnuts and cook for 1 min. Remove them once they float to the surface and transfer them to a bowl of cold, iced water.
- In a small saucepan, pour in water, sugar and coconut milk and heat through over medium flame until sugar dissolves. Add a pinch of salt into the mixture. Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool down.
- To serve, pour some syrup into a serving cup or bowl. Add crushed ice and cooked water chestnuts.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...