2 – 4 people
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup Coles self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 120ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500ml full-cream milk
- 2 star anise – or 4-5 if stronger flavour is preferred
- 85gm caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper, leaving a 2cm overhang lengthways on each side.
- Place the sugar and eggs into a stand mixer and whisk on a medium speed until incorporated. Add in the yoghurt, zest and vanilla and whisk to combine. Remove from mixer and sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. Gradually pour in the olive oil, stirring continuously until fully incorporated. Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. A skewer inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean. Allow to cool in the tin slightly before lifting out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the anglaise. Toast the star anise in a medium saucepan, over a low-medium heat, and then add the milk. Bring to a very light simmer, then remove from heat. Allow to steep and cool for 10 minutes.
- Make an ice bath by adding ice cubes and a small amount of cold water into a large mixing bowl and rest a smaller mixing bowl in the ice. Place a fine sieve over the top.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy. Gradually pour the milk into the egg mixture, whisking continuously. Once combined, transfer entire mixture back into the saucepan and return to a medium heat. Stir continuously until the custard begins to thicken and coats the back of the wooden spoon.
- Strain the custard into the bowl in the ice bath. Add the orange zest and stir to mix through and cool the anglaise.
- Serve cake with warm or chilled anglaise.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Semillon.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:CARAMEL:1 - 2 cups Coles Caster SugarCUSTARD:400ml Coles milk250g Philadelphia Spreadable cream cheese375g Coles condensed milk5 whole eggsVanilla bean pasteColes Aluminium foilMETHOD:Preheat oven to 140. In...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 100gm Coles plain flour 1¼ cup Coles caster sugar 1 tsp mixed spice 160ml full cream milk 3 eggs Zest of 1 lemon 25gm LURPAK salted butter 2 Tbsp. pistachios, roughly chopped 4 figs, sliced ¼ cup Greek...