Afghan Lamb Curry
- 1.6kg Coles Slow Cook Lamb Shoulder, diced into 3cm pieces
- 1 Litre Massel Liquid Beef Stock
- 2 cans Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium brown onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 medium potatoes, diced into 3cm pieces
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 150gm chopped spinach
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil and fry of diced lamb in batches until brown. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil and fry off onions, stirring continuously until caramelised and deep in colour. Add in garlic and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Add in all spices and salt, stir well to combine. Return the lamb to the pan and mix to coat evenly in spices. Add diced tomatoes, potatoes, and beef stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Skim off any impurities from the surface regularly.
- Uncover and continue to simmer for a further 1.5-2 hours. Sauce will reduce and become richer in flavour and colour. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Add the dried mint and spinach and cook until wilted. Serve with yoghurt and fresh coriander on top, rice and flatbread.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...