2 – 4 people
- 500g Chicken thigh fillets, skin on 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sake
- 3cm ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cup cornflour Sea salt flakes
- 2L Cobram Estate EVOO oil, for deep frying
- 1⁄4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Wasabi
- 2 nori sheets
- Chilli flakes
- Lime wedges
- To prepare chicken, cut chicken thighs into 4-5cm pieces & place in medium size mixing bowl. Add soy sauce, sake, ginger, garlic, and sugar. Toss well to combined, and set aside to marinate lightly for 10-15 minutes.
- Place corn flour into large bowl & season generously with salt flakes. Remove chicken from marinade one piece at a time, drop into flour, and toss to coat. Shake of any excess flour and place chicken onto tray in single layer. Repeat with remaining chicken ensuring the pieces are overlapping & touching on tray once coated. Allow chicken to stand uncover briefly to allow it to dry slightly before frying.
- Heat saucepan of oil or deep-fryer to 180°C. Add chicken to fryer in batches, ensuring you don’t over-crowd the fryer (50% of surface area is a good amount). We want to fry the chicken 3 times to get the crispiest coating – do this by deep frying for 30 seconds, then remove from oil for 30 seconds. Repeat this two more times.
- Meanwhile, to make wasabi mayonnaise, add mayonnaise & wasabi paste to small bowl. Mix well to combined to smooth consistency.
- To make the nori flakes, using steel tongs, fan the nori sheets oven an open flame from the stovetop. It will change in colour and curl up onto itself. Place to the side to cool.
- To serve, garnish the chicken with a sprinkle of toasted nori flakes & chilli flakes. Serve with lime wedges & wasabi mayonnaise on the side.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...