Almond, Cranberry and Cauliflower Rice Salad
4 – 6 people
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, grated on the large side of a box grater
- ½ cup Coles sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup Coles cooked red quinoa, cooled microwave pocket)
- 1 can lentils, drained
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pepita seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- These aren’t used in the recipe but I usually add these for extra flavour and texture
- 1x 250g Coles Black Rice Ready-to-eat Pouch
- 1/2 cup currants
- ⅓ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1Tb honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the grated cauliflower, black rice, lentils, quinoa, sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds, pepita seeds, cranberries, parsley and coriander. Mix well, and pour over the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Place the salad into a serving bowl and garnish with extra parsley leaves. Enjoy
This is my absolute favorite salad right now, which is a very big call. It`s full of textures & sweet, smoky earthy flavours. I make a big batch of this salad at the beginning of the week and add in some steamed green beans & ripe cherry tomatoes one night, or serve it with a grilled piece of fish another. It`s great eaten as it is, or is great as part of a feasting table with grilled meats, hummus & flat breads. It takes a mere minutes to make this salad & will last 5 days in the fridge- Now that’s a great effort to reward ratio!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...