Almond, Cranberry and Cauliflower Rice Salad
4 – 6 people
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, grated on the large side of a box grater
- ½ cup Coles sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup Coles cooked red quinoa, cooled microwave pocket)
- 1 can lentils, drained
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pepita seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- These aren’t used in the recipe but I usually add these for extra flavour and texture
- 1x 250g Coles Black Rice Ready-to-eat Pouch
- 1/2 cup currants
- ⅓ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1Tb honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the grated cauliflower, black rice, lentils, quinoa, sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds, pepita seeds, cranberries, parsley and coriander. Mix well, and pour over the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Place the salad into a serving bowl and garnish with extra parsley leaves. Enjoy
This is my absolute favorite salad right now, which is a very big call. It`s full of textures & sweet, smoky earthy flavours. I make a big batch of this salad at the beginning of the week and add in some steamed green beans & ripe cherry tomatoes one night, or serve it with a grilled piece of fish another. It`s great eaten as it is, or is great as part of a feasting table with grilled meats, hummus & flat breads. It takes a mere minutes to make this salad & will last 5 days in the fridge- Now that’s a great effort to reward ratio!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...