Apricot and Parsley Couscous Stuffed Chicken
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 1.5-2hrs
2 – 4 people
- 1 Medium whole chicken
- 50g Coles dried apricots, sliced
- 1 Pack of Ainsley Harriott’s Sundried Tomato and Garlic Couscous, cooked
- 1 red onion diced
- 50g almonds. Chopped
- ½ bunch of Parsley
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- Sea Salt
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Ballantyne Salted Butter
- Preheat oven to 240C.
- Add couscous packet into a bowl and add 160ml boiling water – stir together.
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and soften the diced red onions.
- Add the red onions, dried apricots, chopped parsley and almonds to the couscous bowl. Add orange zest and juice and mix together.
- To prepare the roast chicken, separate the skin from the meat, using your hands, and press bits of butter all over the chicken in between.
- Stuff your chicken using a spoon with the couscous mix. Season with salt and then drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes until the outer layer is nice and brown. Reduce heat to 180C and cook for another hour.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and rest for 20 minutes. Carve and serve with the apricot and couscous stuffing on the side. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...