Asparagus and Pea Risotto
Prep Time 15-20 mins
Cook Time 20-25 mins
- 400g Coles Italian Arborio Rice
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2L Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into thin discs
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50mls Coles Thickened Cream
- 100g Danish Feta, crumbled and a third reserved to finish
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest
- 40g Ballantyne Wrapped Cultured Style Butter
- 20mls Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup white wine, Pizzini Pinot Grigio used
- Add the peas and cream into a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the chicken stock and water to a saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the butter and oil. Once up to temperature add to the onion and celery, sweat slowly until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and turn through the oil and butter for a minute or 2 until the all the grains of rice are coated.
- Then add the chicken stock one ladle at a time, stirring in the stock until fully absorbed. Then add the next ladle, continue this process until all the stock is absorbed into the rice and the rice is just cooked.
- Stir in the pureed peas, asparagus, Danish feta, parmesan cheese and lemon zest until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Serve risotto in a bowl topped with a drizzle of olive oil and some extra feta.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...