Asparagus and Pea Risotto
Prep Time 15-20 mins
Cook Time 20-25 mins
- 400g Coles Italian Arborio Rice
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2L Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into thin discs
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50mls Coles Thickened Cream
- 100g Danish Feta, crumbled and a third reserved to finish
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest
- 40g Ballantyne Wrapped Cultured Style Butter
- 20mls Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup white wine, Pizzini Pinot Grigio used
- Add the peas and cream into a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the chicken stock and water to a saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the butter and oil. Once up to temperature add to the onion and celery, sweat slowly until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and turn through the oil and butter for a minute or 2 until the all the grains of rice are coated.
- Then add the chicken stock one ladle at a time, stirring in the stock until fully absorbed. Then add the next ladle, continue this process until all the stock is absorbed into the rice and the rice is just cooked.
- Stir in the pureed peas, asparagus, Danish feta, parmesan cheese and lemon zest until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Serve risotto in a bowl topped with a drizzle of olive oil and some extra feta.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...