Asparagus and Pea Risotto
Prep Time 15-20 mins
Cook Time 20-25 mins
- 400g Coles Italian Arborio Rice
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2L Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into thin discs
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50mls Coles Thickened Cream
- 100g Danish Feta, crumbled and a third reserved to finish
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest
- 40g Ballantyne Wrapped Cultured Style Butter
- 20mls Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup white wine, Pizzini Pinot Grigio used
- Add the peas and cream into a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the chicken stock and water to a saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the butter and oil. Once up to temperature add to the onion and celery, sweat slowly until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and turn through the oil and butter for a minute or 2 until the all the grains of rice are coated.
- Then add the chicken stock one ladle at a time, stirring in the stock until fully absorbed. Then add the next ladle, continue this process until all the stock is absorbed into the rice and the rice is just cooked.
- Stir in the pureed peas, asparagus, Danish feta, parmesan cheese and lemon zest until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Serve risotto in a bowl topped with a drizzle of olive oil and some extra feta.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...