Aussie Beef and Bacon Party Pies
- 250ml Massel Liquid Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500gm Coles Beef mince
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 middle rashers bacon, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. Vegemite
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornflour
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 shortcrust pastry sheets, slightly thawed
- 2 puff pastry sheets, slightly thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a heavy-based pan over high heat. Brown off beef mince in batches for 2-3 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil to pan. Cook bacon for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Add onion, tomato paste, worcestershire, sugar and vegemite and stir through, cook until onion begins to brown slightly. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Return beef to pan and mix through.
- In a small bowl mix a small amount of the beef stock with the cornflour to dissolve. Add to the mince mixture along with remaining beef stock and stir through. Bring sauce to a light boil, reduce the heat and simmer sauce for approximately 10-15 minutes until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200C and lightly grease 2 muffin tins with olive oil. Cut shortcrust pastry into approximately 11cm rounds and gently press into the muffin holes. Spoon in mince, leaving enough pastry to seal with the top. Cut puff pastry into approximately 8cm rounds and place over the filled pies. Gently seal edges with a fork and brush with egg. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...