Courtney Roulston & Scott McRae
2 – 4 people
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- ½ carrot, grated
- ½ celery stalk, grated
- 500g Coles `finest` Angus beef mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- ¾ cup Massel Liquid beef stock
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegemite
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 2 sheets frozen short crust pastry, thawed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the pan on high with Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add diced brown onion, grated celery stalk, grated carrot and stir through. Then add 500g of Coles Angus Beef Mince, break up the mince and stir until it browns off. Then add the tomato paste, 1 teaspoon of Vegemite, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce, continually stirring through.
- The next step is to mix the Cornflour in a small dish with hot water so the mixture can disperse properly through the mince when added. Add and continue to stir through.
Then add ¾ cup of Massel Liquid Beef Stock into the pan and continue stirring. Simmer the mince mixture down so it begins to thicken a little bit.
- Turn off the heat and transfer into a bowl, place the bowl in the fridge and leave for 30mins.
- Use a small bowl as a template to cut circles out of the short crust pastry to line the individual large cup cake tin, fill each one with the cold mince mixture.
- To make the lids cut circles into the puff pastry sheet using a mug upside down as a template. Place on top and seal the edges by pinching closed.
- Have the oven pre heated to 180 degrees, pop into the oven on the top shelf for 40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz or Malbec.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...