Bacon and Egg Bread & Butter Pudding
4 – 6 people
- 8 rashes good quality rindless shortcut bacon
- 8 slices Coles Finest Sourdough bread
- 90g Coles butter, room temperature
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1Tb thyme leaves, picked
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 80g parmesan cheese
- 80gm gruyere cheese
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Spread the butter on both sides of the bread and arrange it slightly overlapping in a 30cm baking tray. Place the bacon, onion and thyme evenly between the layers of bread. Whisk the eggs, milk, cream and a pinch of sea salt and pepper in a jug and pour over the bread. Gently push the bread down into the liquid and leave to stand for 10 minutes for the bread to soak. Scatter the cheese over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the pudding is crisp and the base is just set.
*This is a great entertaining dish for a weekend brunch or breakfast. It can all be prepared the night before, ready to just be thrown in the oven-making for stress free mornings.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...