Bacon and Egg Bread & Butter Pudding
4 – 6 people
- 8 rashes good quality rindless shortcut bacon
- 8 slices Coles Finest Sourdough bread
- 90g Coles butter, room temperature
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1Tb thyme leaves, picked
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 80g parmesan cheese
- 80gm gruyere cheese
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Spread the butter on both sides of the bread and arrange it slightly overlapping in a 30cm baking tray. Place the bacon, onion and thyme evenly between the layers of bread. Whisk the eggs, milk, cream and a pinch of sea salt and pepper in a jug and pour over the bread. Gently push the bread down into the liquid and leave to stand for 10 minutes for the bread to soak. Scatter the cheese over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the pudding is crisp and the base is just set.
*This is a great entertaining dish for a weekend brunch or breakfast. It can all be prepared the night before, ready to just be thrown in the oven-making for stress free mornings.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...