2 – 4 people
- 12 rashes short cut bacon
- 10 free range eggs
- 150g mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Coconut Oil and Ghee, plus extra for greasing
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes (optional, plus extra for garnish)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
SUNFLOWER SEED AND BASIL PESTO
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup Melrose liquid coconut oil
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees
- Place frypan over medium heat, when hot, add coconut oil and ghee and allow to melt then add mushrooms and toss well with salt and allow mushrooms to cook through, adding a splash of water if needed. When softened, set aside.
- Place basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, liquid coconut oil, sunflower seeds in a small blender or food processor and blitz on medium speed until a chunky paste has formed. Scrape down sides as needed. Add a little salt to season.
- Grease a 12 pan muffin pan with coconut oil and ghee
- Slice bacon in half length ways and line the sides of each individual pan with bacon
- Whisk eggs and chilli flakes in large mixing bowl and then place in a pourable jug
- Place a tablespoon of cooked mushroom in each individual pan. Top with egg mixture a few teaspoons of basil pesto, and a little chilli flakes, on top then place in oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Egg should be just set but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allowing the bacon and egg cups to rest for 5 minutes before removing. Take a butter knife and run it around the edge of each pan and carefully remove. Serve warm or chilled.
- TIP: To make a vegetarian version of this dish, use zucchini instead of bacon, slice lengthways and lightly pan fry to soften then use the zucchini in the same way as the bacon
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...