2 – 4 people
- 12 rashes short cut bacon
- 10 free range eggs
- 150g mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoon Melrose Coconut Oil and Ghee, plus extra for greasing
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes (optional, plus extra for garnish)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
SUNFLOWER SEED AND BASIL PESTO
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup Melrose liquid coconut oil
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees
- Place frypan over medium heat, when hot, add coconut oil and ghee and allow to melt then add mushrooms and toss well with salt and allow mushrooms to cook through, adding a splash of water if needed. When softened, set aside.
- Place basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, liquid coconut oil, sunflower seeds in a small blender or food processor and blitz on medium speed until a chunky paste has formed. Scrape down sides as needed. Add a little salt to season.
- Grease a 12 pan muffin pan with coconut oil and ghee
- Slice bacon in half length ways and line the sides of each individual pan with bacon
- Whisk eggs and chilli flakes in large mixing bowl and then place in a pourable jug
- Place a tablespoon of cooked mushroom in each individual pan. Top with egg mixture a few teaspoons of basil pesto, and a little chilli flakes, on top then place in oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Egg should be just set but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allowing the bacon and egg cups to rest for 5 minutes before removing. Take a butter knife and run it around the edge of each pan and carefully remove. Serve warm or chilled.
- TIP: To make a vegetarian version of this dish, use zucchini instead of bacon, slice lengthways and lightly pan fry to soften then use the zucchini in the same way as the bacon
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Prosecco.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...