2 – 4 people
- 16 X-large green king prawns, shell on
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3 green spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Remove the heads from the prawns, but leave the shell on the body. Using a large sharp knife slice the prawns in half lengthways and remove the intestine track.
- For the dressing: Place the ginger, salt and spring onions into a heat-proof mortar and pestle. Lightly pound the mixture to a rough paste. Heat the EVOO over a high heat then pour over the mortar. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice once the oil has stopped bubbling. Check for balance then set aside.
- Meanwhile place the prawns onto a baking tray, flesh side up and bake for 2 – 3 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the prawns from the oven and arrange onto a serving platter. Spoon over the soy sauce and sesame oil. Scatter over the spring onion oil. Serve warm!
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Semillon or Rose
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...