- 1 large whole side of salmon, skin on
- 2 shallots, diced
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pyramid Salt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tbp black peppercorns
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g butter
- Dill leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the skin side of the salmon and a sprinkle a good hit of salt, nice and even, so that the skin crisps up.
- In a saucepan, add peppercorns, white wine vinegar, white wine, bay leaves and saffron. Place saucepan on the stove on a low heat and allow it to reduce. Strain the reduction over a pan, bring it to a simmer and gently whisk through the butter, bit by bit. Once you have a nice smooth consistency, the Beurre blanc is ready.
- Heat baking tray on the stove and when it’s nice and hot, place salmon on heat, skin side down. Allow the skin to cook and crisp up. When the skin is a nice golden brown colour, place the salmon into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place salmon on a large serving tray or wooden board, garnish with some dill and serve with the Buerre blanc sauce. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...