2 – 4 people
- 500g chicken thigh, boneless & Skinless
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp salt
- 1 lemongrass roughly chopped
- 2 long red chilli roughly chopped
- 15g ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 5 shallots
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 2tbsp chilli paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cardamom
- 1tsp fennel powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 200g tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric and salt.
- Lightly pan sear the chicken thigh and keep aside.
- Blend the following into a smooth paste- lemongrass, red chilli, ginger, red onion, garlic,shallots and tomato.
- Add 2-3tbsp of vegetable to a large pan and cook the paste until fragrant and the oil comes to the surface.
- Add cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, fennel powder and coriander powder and cook for 5mins. Add little water if the paste gets to thick.
- Add tomato paste, tomato ketchup and chicken thigh into the paste and cook for another 10mins or until the thigh is cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leave.
- Best serves with coconut or my favour warm white bread.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Prosecco or Chenin Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...