2 – 4 people
- 500g chicken thigh, boneless & Skinless
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp salt
- 1 lemongrass roughly chopped
- 2 long red chilli roughly chopped
- 15g ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 5 shallots
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 2tbsp chilli paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cardamom
- 1tsp fennel powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 200g tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric and salt.
- Lightly pan sear the chicken thigh and keep aside.
- Blend the following into a smooth paste- lemongrass, red chilli, ginger, red onion, garlic,shallots and tomato.
- Add 2-3tbsp of vegetable to a large pan and cook the paste until fragrant and the oil comes to the surface.
- Add cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, fennel powder and coriander powder and cook for 5mins. Add little water if the paste gets to thick.
- Add tomato paste, tomato ketchup and chicken thigh into the paste and cook for another 10mins or until the thigh is cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leave.
- Best serves with coconut or my favour warm white bread.
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...