Bang Bang Chicken
- 1L Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken stock
- 400gm boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups wombok, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, mandolined
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Coriander to garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Szechuan peppercorns, toasted & ground
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Chinkiang (black) vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. caster sugar
- ½ birdseye chilli, finely slice
- In a medium saucepan bring the chicken stock, up to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and add the chicken thighs. Top up with water to cover the chicken if necessary. Bring back to a simmer and poach for approximately 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit in poaching stock for a further 5 minutes. Remove from poaching liquid, check that the chicken is cooked through and set aside to cool. Refrigerate until required.
- In a small bowl lightly whisk together soy sauce, caster sugar and vinegar until sugar has dissolved. Add the sesame oil, chilli oil and ground powder and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and place on a chopping board. Shred the chicken into thin strands.
- Combine the wombok, carrot, cucumber and chicken in a large bowl or serving dish. Toss through sauce, coating evenly. Garnish with fresh coriander.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...