Bang Bang Chicken
- 1L Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken stock
- 400gm boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups wombok, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, mandolined
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Coriander to garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Szechuan peppercorns, toasted & ground
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Chinkiang (black) vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. caster sugar
- ½ birdseye chilli, finely slice
- In a medium saucepan bring the chicken stock, up to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and add the chicken thighs. Top up with water to cover the chicken if necessary. Bring back to a simmer and poach for approximately 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit in poaching stock for a further 5 minutes. Remove from poaching liquid, check that the chicken is cooked through and set aside to cool. Refrigerate until required.
- In a small bowl lightly whisk together soy sauce, caster sugar and vinegar until sugar has dissolved. Add the sesame oil, chilli oil and ground powder and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and place on a chopping board. Shred the chicken into thin strands.
- Combine the wombok, carrot, cucumber and chicken in a large bowl or serving dish. Toss through sauce, coating evenly. Garnish with fresh coriander.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...