Bang Bang Chicken
- 1L Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Chicken stock
- 400gm boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups wombok, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, mandolined
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Coriander to garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Szechuan peppercorns, toasted & ground
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Chinkiang (black) vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. caster sugar
- ½ birdseye chilli, finely slice
- In a medium saucepan bring the chicken stock, up to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and add the chicken thighs. Top up with water to cover the chicken if necessary. Bring back to a simmer and poach for approximately 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit in poaching stock for a further 5 minutes. Remove from poaching liquid, check that the chicken is cooked through and set aside to cool. Refrigerate until required.
- In a small bowl lightly whisk together soy sauce, caster sugar and vinegar until sugar has dissolved. Add the sesame oil, chilli oil and ground powder and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and place on a chopping board. Shred the chicken into thin strands.
- Combine the wombok, carrot, cucumber and chicken in a large bowl or serving dish. Toss through sauce, coating evenly. Garnish with fresh coriander.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...