BBQ Chicken Banh Mi
Prep time 20mins
Assembly time 5mins
- 1 Coles BBQ Roast Chicken, stuffing removed and reserved
- 6 x Coles Vietnamese rolls
- 20g Ballantyne Spreadable Butter
- 1 large Carrot, cut into match sticks
- 50mls Vinegar
- 25g Sugar
- 25mls water
- 1 Daikon, cut into 8ths longways
- 1 large Cucumber, cut into 8ths longways
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 1 Red Chilli, remove seeds if you don’t like it hot
- 50g ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 50mls Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 25mls Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- Place the stuffing and butter in a bowl, mix together with a spoon until evenly combined. This butter stuffing combo will replace the pate usually spread in the base of a Banh Mi.
- Place the carrots in a bowl and lightly season with salt. Heat the vinegar, sugar and water in a saucepan until it comes to a boil and the sugar has dissolved. Pour the vinegar over the carrots and allows to pickle for at least 20 minutes, this can be done a few days ahead too.
- To assemble the Banh Mi’s cut the buns, then spread the bottom side with the stuffing mixture and the top with mayo. Then add the picked chicken meat, carrot, daikon, cucumber, red onion and coriander. Add chilli if you like this stage.
- Dress with a spoon of soy and sesame oil. Enjoy.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200gm shelled pistachios 1 tsp Coles ground cardamom 1 tsp mixed spice 100gm fine polenta 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 50gm Lurpak unsalted butter 180ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 70gm eggs, room...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 bunches Dutch carrots, washed, trimmed ¼ cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO 2 teaspoons ground turmeric 2 teaspoon ground cumin ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 x 400g can Edgell chickpeas, rinsed, drained...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 kg Coles Chuck Steak1 pkt Coles Brioche RollsBurger Slices500ml Massel Liquid Beef Stock1 Brown Onion, roughly chopped2 Garlic Cloves, quatred100ml Tomato Sauce1tbs Fennel Seeds1tbs Chilli Flakes1tbs...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:200g Coles Hot Smoked Salmon200g Philadelphia Spreadable Cream Cheese4 Simson's Pantry Wholegrain Wraps1 jar of Coles baby capers1 bunch of dill1 tub of Coles cherry bocconcini1 Shallot, sliced thinly1 bunch...
RECIPE BY:Matt SincalirSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250gm macaroni shells200gm smoked bacon, roughly chopped300gm Coles sour cream350ml buttermilk1 cup frozen peasHandful baby spinach250gm Coles grated mozzarella cheeseColes Parmesan cheese40 gm panko crumbs1...
RECIPE BY: Will Stewart SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges 1 cup Cobram Estate Classic EVOO 1 teaspoon of sea salt flakes 1 teaspoon ground cumin 400g lupin flake 2 tablespoons hulled tahini 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1⁄4...