BBQ Chicken Banh Mi
Prep time 20mins
Assembly time 5mins
- 1 Coles BBQ Roast Chicken, stuffing removed and reserved
- 6 x Coles Vietnamese rolls
- 20g Ballantyne Spreadable Butter
- 1 large Carrot, cut into match sticks
- 50mls Vinegar
- 25g Sugar
- 25mls water
- 1 Daikon, cut into 8ths longways
- 1 large Cucumber, cut into 8ths longways
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 1 Red Chilli, remove seeds if you don’t like it hot
- 50g ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 50mls Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 25mls Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- Place the stuffing and butter in a bowl, mix together with a spoon until evenly combined. This butter stuffing combo will replace the pate usually spread in the base of a Banh Mi.
- Place the carrots in a bowl and lightly season with salt. Heat the vinegar, sugar and water in a saucepan until it comes to a boil and the sugar has dissolved. Pour the vinegar over the carrots and allows to pickle for at least 20 minutes, this can be done a few days ahead too.
- To assemble the Banh Mi’s cut the buns, then spread the bottom side with the stuffing mixture and the top with mayo. Then add the picked chicken meat, carrot, daikon, cucumber, red onion and coriander. Add chilli if you like this stage.
- Dress with a spoon of soy and sesame oil. Enjoy.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS : ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tin Coles brown lentils, drained and rinsed 1 Litre Massel liquid Vegetable Stock 4 cloves garlic, grated 1 tsp. KEEN’s Curry Powder ½ KEEN’s Chilli Powder 1 Tsp....
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS : 1 x packet of Coles Finest Lamb Sausages 1 large Brown onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, diced 2tbs KEEN’s Curry Powder 1tbs Cumin powder 2 sprigs of Curry leaf 1 tin of Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes 1 fresh...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 6 - 8 people INGREDIENTS : 1 whole kent pumpkin, around 2/ 2.5kg 1/3 cup (80ml) cobram olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 cups curly kale, stems removed, finely chopped 2/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 6 people INGREDIENTS: 500gm King prawns, peeled and cleaned 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped 1 egg white 1 tsp. white sugar 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium...