BBQ Chicken Banh Mi
Prep time 20mins
Assembly time 5mins
- 1 Coles BBQ Roast Chicken, stuffing removed and reserved
- 6 x Coles Vietnamese rolls
- 20g Ballantyne Spreadable Butter
- 1 large Carrot, cut into match sticks
- 50mls Vinegar
- 25g Sugar
- 25mls water
- 1 Daikon, cut into 8ths longways
- 1 large Cucumber, cut into 8ths longways
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 1 Red Chilli, remove seeds if you don’t like it hot
- 50g ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 50mls Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 25mls Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- Place the stuffing and butter in a bowl, mix together with a spoon until evenly combined. This butter stuffing combo will replace the pate usually spread in the base of a Banh Mi.
- Place the carrots in a bowl and lightly season with salt. Heat the vinegar, sugar and water in a saucepan until it comes to a boil and the sugar has dissolved. Pour the vinegar over the carrots and allows to pickle for at least 20 minutes, this can be done a few days ahead too.
- To assemble the Banh Mi’s cut the buns, then spread the bottom side with the stuffing mixture and the top with mayo. Then add the picked chicken meat, carrot, daikon, cucumber, red onion and coriander. Add chilli if you like this stage.
- Dress with a spoon of soy and sesame oil. Enjoy.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...