2 – 4 people
- 2 Asian shallots, finely diced
- 1 Nashi pear, peeled, cored, grated
- 12 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 3 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 220ml light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp gochujang (optional)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 kg beef short ribs, cut thinly across the bone**
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2L of Massel Liquid Chicken Stock
- In a large pot over a stove, heat stock. Add in all ingredients except for ribs and oil and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat down and place beef ribs into pot. Allow to braise for 2-3 hours.
- Take ribs out of pot and put into large oven tray. Take some of the braising liquid and pour into a pan over a hot stove and add oil. Reduce the liquid to a saucy consistency.
- Pour sauce over beef ribs in oven tray. Put into a 220 degree fan-forced oven for 5-10 minutes until outside is sticky.
- Serve whole or cut in between the bones for bite-sized pieces. Garnish with spring onion and serve with kim chi and rice if desired.
- **This can be done by the butcher. The cut is also known as ‘flanken’ and is cut across the bone on the chuck end of the short rib. The slices should be approximately ½ inch thick.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Malbec or Shiraz Cabernet Blends
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...