BBQ’d Harissa Corn Cobs
- 4 Coles corn cobs
- 1 Tbsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- ½ Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 100gm Ballantyne Spreadable Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- *Little Lucifer Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb
- Add the coriander, cumin and caraway seeds to a small dry saucepan and place over a low-medium heat. Toast spices for approximately 2-3 minutes or until aromatic, tossing frequently to avoid burning. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and pound into a powder. Add in the KEEN’s Chilli Powder, garlic powder and salt and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Peel back the husks of the corn toward the base of the cobs, bring together and tie in a small knot. **These can be removed but they make it easy to BBQ, and to eat.
- Place the butter in a small bowl with the harissa spice mix and mix well to combine. Using a pastry brush, apply the butter liberally onto the corn cobs, reserving any leftover harissa butter for basting.
- Heat a BBQ grill plate or fire on high (**Using Little Lucifer) and place corn to cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning and basting until corn is tender and charred. Remove from BBQ and brush with any remaining harissa butter. Serve hot.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...