BBQ’d Harissa Corn Cobs
- 4 Coles corn cobs
- 1 Tbsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- ½ Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 100gm Ballantyne Spreadable Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- *Little Lucifer Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb
- Add the coriander, cumin and caraway seeds to a small dry saucepan and place over a low-medium heat. Toast spices for approximately 2-3 minutes or until aromatic, tossing frequently to avoid burning. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and pound into a powder. Add in the KEEN’s Chilli Powder, garlic powder and salt and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Peel back the husks of the corn toward the base of the cobs, bring together and tie in a small knot. **These can be removed but they make it easy to BBQ, and to eat.
- Place the butter in a small bowl with the harissa spice mix and mix well to combine. Using a pastry brush, apply the butter liberally onto the corn cobs, reserving any leftover harissa butter for basting.
- Heat a BBQ grill plate or fire on high (**Using Little Lucifer) and place corn to cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning and basting until corn is tender and charred. Remove from BBQ and brush with any remaining harissa butter. Serve hot.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...