Beef Chilli con Carne
- 800g Coles chuck casserole steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Star Anise
- 2tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Cumin
- 1tbs Coriander powder
- 1 tsp KEENs Chilli Blend
- 1 cup Massel Beef Stock
- 1 tin of Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 1 tin of Kidney beans
- Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coriander sprigs
- Sour Cream
- Brown rice
- Roughly dice beef into 2-3cm cubes. On a high heat, pour olive oil into a saucepan and caramelise the beef. Sprinkle with salt.
- Throw in the diced onion and chopped garlic and stir to get a nice brown colour. Add star anise, coriander powder, smoked paprika and KEENs chilli blend (as desired) and toast for a minute. Then add beef stock, enough to cover your beef. Scrape any caramelised meat at the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon. Add tin of tomatoes and stir through. Sprinkle salt.
- The fun part – you choose! Option 1: Cook in the oven at 140C for 1-2 hours. Option 2: Leave the stove on a low heat, stirring every 20 minutes for an hour. Option 3: Allow it to cook in a slow cooker for 1-2 hrs. Whatever the option, it’s ready when the meat is nicely falling apart.
- Place saucepan back on the stove and stir in can of kidney beans. Stir to heat through the beans and reduce heat as desired.
- To serve, place Chilli Con Carne over a bowl of brown rice and garnish with Jalapenos, coriander sprigs and sour cream.
- Remember, you can serve and garnish with whatever you like – choose your own adventure!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...