Beef Chilli con Carne
- 800g Coles chuck casserole steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Star Anise
- 2tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Cumin
- 1tbs Coriander powder
- 1 tsp KEENs Chilli Blend
- 1 cup Massel Beef Stock
- 1 tin of Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 1 tin of Kidney beans
- Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coriander sprigs
- Sour Cream
- Brown rice
- Roughly dice beef into 2-3cm cubes. On a high heat, pour olive oil into a saucepan and caramelise the beef. Sprinkle with salt.
- Throw in the diced onion and chopped garlic and stir to get a nice brown colour. Add star anise, coriander powder, smoked paprika and KEENs chilli blend (as desired) and toast for a minute. Then add beef stock, enough to cover your beef. Scrape any caramelised meat at the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon. Add tin of tomatoes and stir through. Sprinkle salt.
- The fun part – you choose! Option 1: Cook in the oven at 140C for 1-2 hours. Option 2: Leave the stove on a low heat, stirring every 20 minutes for an hour. Option 3: Allow it to cook in a slow cooker for 1-2 hrs. Whatever the option, it’s ready when the meat is nicely falling apart.
- Place saucepan back on the stove and stir in can of kidney beans. Stir to heat through the beans and reduce heat as desired.
- To serve, place Chilli Con Carne over a bowl of brown rice and garnish with Jalapenos, coriander sprigs and sour cream.
- Remember, you can serve and garnish with whatever you like – choose your own adventure!
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...