2 – 4 people
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- Pinch salt
- 500g Coles grass fed `Graze` beef mice
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate light EVOO
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coles whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup Pinenuts, toasted
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon Coles ground sumac
- 1 small red onion, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander or flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- Simsons Pantry Wraps, cut into wedges and lightly toasted
- To make the hummus, place all the ingredients into a food processor along with a pinch of sea salt and blitz until smooth, adding a little extra water or EVOO if the mixture needs loosening.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add in the beef, oil, ginger and a pinch of sea salt flakes and cook, for 5-6 minutes breaking up with the back of a spoon, or until beef is browned. Add in the cumin seeds, coriander, cinnamon and cook for 2-3 minutes to toast the spices. Add in the honey and cook until the beef is crispy and dark in colour.
- Meanwhile toss the Lebanese bread in a little oil and bake in a hot oven for 12 minutes, or until crisp.
- To serve, spread the hummus onto the base of a large platter. Top with the crispy beef mince, pinenuts, yoghurt, sumac, onion and parsley. Serve warm with toasted flatbreads on the side for dipping.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz or Barbera.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...
RECIPE BY: Sam Goodwin SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Chicken thigh fillets, skin on 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce 2 tbsp sake 3cm ginger, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tsp caster sugar 1 cup cornflour Sea salt flakes 2L Cobram Estate EVOO oil, for deep...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 16 X-large green king prawns, shell on 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate Light EVOO 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes 3 green spring onions, finely sliced ½ teaspoon caster...