2 – 4 people
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp Coles smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 500gm scotch fillet, very thinly sliced **
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 250gm button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Cup Massel Liquid Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200gm Coles sour cream
OLIVE OIL MASHED POTATO
- 600 gm waxy potatoes, peeled, diced
- 100ml milk
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- Coles White pepper
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and cover with cold water by 4cm. Bring to the boil and cook until fork tender, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and transfer back into the saucepan. Pour in ½ of the milk and mash the potatoes. Add small amounts of milk at a time to loosen the potatoes. Whisk in the olive oil gradually until well combined and smooth. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Place the flour, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the beef and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a heavy based pan over medium high heat. Sear ½ the beef for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and set aside. Heat 1 Tbsp oil and repeat with remaining beef. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and heat remaining oil. Add the onions, garlic and mushroom and toss to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until soft and starting to caramelise. Add the tomato paste, stir through and cook for a further 1 minute. Gradually pour in the stock and season with Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste. Return beef to the pan and stir through, along with the sour cream. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Divide olive oil mash between 4 bowls and spoon over the stroganoff.
- **TIP – Place the steaks in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm slightly, but not freeze. This will make it easier to cut into thin slices.
- Our friends from Wine Selectors suggest pairing a Pinot Noir with this dish as it matches perfectly with the flavour of the mushrooms.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...