- 6 flathead fillets (or Red Emperor), approx. 150gm each
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour, plus extra
- 375ml cold lager beer
- Salt and Pepper
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. baby capers, drained, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill fronds, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat Deep fryer to 180C.
- Place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking continuously until smooth and combined.
- Place extra flour in a bowl, lightly coat fillets and shake off the excess. In batches, dip the fish fillets into the batter and allow any extra to drain off. Transfer into fryer and cook fish for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway to ensure even cooking. Remove when golden and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and repeat with remaining fish.
- Serve immediately with tartare sauce and fresh lemon cheeks.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix well to combine. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust if required.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...