- 6 flathead fillets (or Red Emperor), approx. 150gm each
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour, plus extra
- 375ml cold lager beer
- Salt and Pepper
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. baby capers, drained, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill fronds, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat Deep fryer to 180C.
- Place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking continuously until smooth and combined.
- Place extra flour in a bowl, lightly coat fillets and shake off the excess. In batches, dip the fish fillets into the batter and allow any extra to drain off. Transfer into fryer and cook fish for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway to ensure even cooking. Remove when golden and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and repeat with remaining fish.
- Serve immediately with tartare sauce and fresh lemon cheeks.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix well to combine. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust if required.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...