- 6 flathead fillets (or Red Emperor), approx. 150gm each
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour, plus extra
- 375ml cold lager beer
- Salt and Pepper
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. baby capers, drained, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill fronds, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat Deep fryer to 180C.
- Place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gradually pour in the beer, whisking continuously until smooth and combined.
- Place extra flour in a bowl, lightly coat fillets and shake off the excess. In batches, dip the fish fillets into the batter and allow any extra to drain off. Transfer into fryer and cook fish for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway to ensure even cooking. Remove when golden and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and repeat with remaining fish.
- Serve immediately with tartare sauce and fresh lemon cheeks.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix well to combine. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust if required.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...