2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 220gm ZoOSh Smoked Salmon Dip
- 450ml milk
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO Oil, plus extra
- 500gm smoked salmon slices
- 1 medium fennel bulb, fronds reserved
- 1 small red onion
- 100gm rocket
- 2 Tbsp baby capers
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the eggs, sugar and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix on a medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add half of the Zoosh dip and the milk and mix for 1 minute, scrape down the sides if required. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well to combine. Remove from the mixer and stir in the oil. The consistency should be runny – add a little extra milk to loosen if required. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fennel salad. Use a mandolin or vegetable slicer to finely shave the fennel and red onion. Place in a bowl with the rocket, capers and lemon zest; toss to combine. Dress the salad to taste with the olive oil, lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place a medium-sized (10 inch) non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and add a small amount of oil. Pour in ½ a ladleful of batter in the hot pan and swirl quickly to spread the batter as thinly as possible over the base of the pan. Flip after 1 minute, or when the edges of the crepe begin to lift. Cook the other side for a further 30 seconds and turn out onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Allow the crepes to cool slightly before assembling. **Crepes can be made 1 day ahead when covered and refrigerated.
- To assemble, spread approx. 2 teaspoons of the remaining dip over the crepe, place 1-2 slices of salmon on top, followed by a small handful of shaved fennel. Roll the crepe up, repeat with remaining portions and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sparkling Wine or Prosecco.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...