2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 220gm ZoOSh Smoked Salmon Dip
- 450ml milk
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO Oil, plus extra
- 500gm smoked salmon slices
- 1 medium fennel bulb, fronds reserved
- 1 small red onion
- 100gm rocket
- 2 Tbsp baby capers
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the eggs, sugar and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix on a medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add half of the Zoosh dip and the milk and mix for 1 minute, scrape down the sides if required. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well to combine. Remove from the mixer and stir in the oil. The consistency should be runny – add a little extra milk to loosen if required. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fennel salad. Use a mandolin or vegetable slicer to finely shave the fennel and red onion. Place in a bowl with the rocket, capers and lemon zest; toss to combine. Dress the salad to taste with the olive oil, lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place a medium-sized (10 inch) non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and add a small amount of oil. Pour in ½ a ladleful of batter in the hot pan and swirl quickly to spread the batter as thinly as possible over the base of the pan. Flip after 1 minute, or when the edges of the crepe begin to lift. Cook the other side for a further 30 seconds and turn out onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Allow the crepes to cool slightly before assembling. **Crepes can be made 1 day ahead when covered and refrigerated.
- To assemble, spread approx. 2 teaspoons of the remaining dip over the crepe, place 1-2 slices of salmon on top, followed by a small handful of shaved fennel. Roll the crepe up, repeat with remaining portions and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sparkling Wine or Prosecco.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...