2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 220gm ZoOSh Smoked Salmon Dip
- 450ml milk
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO Oil, plus extra
- 500gm smoked salmon slices
- 1 medium fennel bulb, fronds reserved
- 1 small red onion
- 100gm rocket
- 2 Tbsp baby capers
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the eggs, sugar and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix on a medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add half of the Zoosh dip and the milk and mix for 1 minute, scrape down the sides if required. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well to combine. Remove from the mixer and stir in the oil. The consistency should be runny – add a little extra milk to loosen if required. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fennel salad. Use a mandolin or vegetable slicer to finely shave the fennel and red onion. Place in a bowl with the rocket, capers and lemon zest; toss to combine. Dress the salad to taste with the olive oil, lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place a medium-sized (10 inch) non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and add a small amount of oil. Pour in ½ a ladleful of batter in the hot pan and swirl quickly to spread the batter as thinly as possible over the base of the pan. Flip after 1 minute, or when the edges of the crepe begin to lift. Cook the other side for a further 30 seconds and turn out onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. Allow the crepes to cool slightly before assembling. **Crepes can be made 1 day ahead when covered and refrigerated.
- To assemble, spread approx. 2 teaspoons of the remaining dip over the crepe, place 1-2 slices of salmon on top, followed by a small handful of shaved fennel. Roll the crepe up, repeat with remaining portions and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sparkling Wine or Prosecco.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...