2 – 4 people
- 4 rasher bacon, chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tins Edgell black beans, drained, rinsed
- 400gm tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
To Serve :
- Tortilla chips
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Coriander leaves
- Add the bacon to a deep pan and place over a medium heat. Fry off, stirring often for 3-4 minutes, until it begins to caramelise. Add the onions, garlic, capsicum and carrots and sauté until tender. Stir in the beans and crushed tomatoes along with the Worcestershire, herbs and chilli powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until the flavours have infused and the chilli has thickened.
- Combine all guacamole ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve chilli in individual bowls topped with guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, extra coriander, and tortilla chips.
- * This is a great weeknight meal with leftovers that can be used for baked potatoes, nachos, burritos etc.
- **This dish can easily be made vegetarian without the bacon.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...