2 – 4 people
- 4 rasher bacon, chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tins Edgell black beans, drained, rinsed
- 400gm tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
To Serve :
- Tortilla chips
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Coriander leaves
- Add the bacon to a deep pan and place over a medium heat. Fry off, stirring often for 3-4 minutes, until it begins to caramelise. Add the onions, garlic, capsicum and carrots and sauté until tender. Stir in the beans and crushed tomatoes along with the Worcestershire, herbs and chilli powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until the flavours have infused and the chilli has thickened.
- Combine all guacamole ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve chilli in individual bowls topped with guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, extra coriander, and tortilla chips.
- * This is a great weeknight meal with leftovers that can be used for baked potatoes, nachos, burritos etc.
- **This dish can easily be made vegetarian without the bacon.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...