Courtney & Scott McRae
2 – 4 people
- 1 x 1.3kg live mud crab (killed humanely), washed and quartered
- ½ cup Cobram Estate light EVOO for frying
- 1 heaped teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander, stems chopped, leaves picked
- 1 long green chilli, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons LKK oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 20g Lurpak unsalted butter, sliced into cubes
- ½ cup (125ml)water
- 1 heaped teaspoon corn flour
- 2 green shallots/scallions, sliced into 5cm batons
- 1 lime to serve
- To prepare the crabs, remove the upper shell from the base of the crab, then remove the gills and the mustard from the body. Wash the shells clean, then cut each crab into 4 pieces with legs and body attached to each piece.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and crab and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until partially cooked.
- Remove the crab from the pan, draining out most of the oil, then return the pan back on the heat. Add in the peppercorns, garlic, coriander stems and chilli to the and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add in the soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, butter and return the crabs to the pan. Mix the corn flour and water together and pour over the crabs. Cook, tossing for 6-7 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the crabs have changed colour and are just cooked through.
- Toss through the shallots and arrange crab onto a serving plate. Scatter over coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Chenin Blanc
SERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1.5kg whole chickenMARINADE:1/2 cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (kecap manis)1/3 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk6 kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)1 tsp cinnamon powder / 1 cinnamon stick (crushed)1 green chilli (finely sliced)1 tbsp ginger...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 400g Edgell Brown Lentils, rinsed and well drained 2 tbs baby capers, drained 1 small red onion, finely diced 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced 1 pomegranate,...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...