Courtney & Scott McRae
2 – 4 people
- 1 x 1.3kg live mud crab (killed humanely), washed and quartered
- ½ cup Cobram Estate light EVOO for frying
- 1 heaped teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander, stems chopped, leaves picked
- 1 long green chilli, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons LKK oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 20g Lurpak unsalted butter, sliced into cubes
- ½ cup (125ml)water
- 1 heaped teaspoon corn flour
- 2 green shallots/scallions, sliced into 5cm batons
- 1 lime to serve
- To prepare the crabs, remove the upper shell from the base of the crab, then remove the gills and the mustard from the body. Wash the shells clean, then cut each crab into 4 pieces with legs and body attached to each piece.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and crab and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally until partially cooked.
- Remove the crab from the pan, draining out most of the oil, then return the pan back on the heat. Add in the peppercorns, garlic, coriander stems and chilli to the and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add in the soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, butter and return the crabs to the pan. Mix the corn flour and water together and pour over the crabs. Cook, tossing for 6-7 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the crabs have changed colour and are just cooked through.
- Toss through the shallots and arrange crab onto a serving plate. Scatter over coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Chenin Blanc
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...