Braised Lamb Shoulder
- 1.4kg Coles Lamb Shoulder with a generous fat cap
- 2 Litres Massel liquid chicken stock
- ¼ cup Cobram Robust Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- In a large saucepan heat 2 Tbsp. Cobram Robust Olive oil over a medium heat. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaves and peppercorns and fry off for approximately 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil to infuse.
- Place lamb shoulder in desired braising tray, ensuring it is deep enough to submerge entire shoulder. Pour stock over the lamb, cover with tin foil and place in to oven for 4.5 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest in the braising liquid for approximately 30 minutes.
- Turn oven to 240C. Remove lamb shoulder from braising liquid and place on a roasting rack. Drizzle the fat cap with remaining olive oil and generously season with sea salt. Place into heated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with roasted garlic labneh.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...