2 – 4 people
- 5 eggs
- 1/2-1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 chorizo, skinned, finely diced
- 2-3 pickled jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup sharp vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Simsons Pantry Wholegrain wraps
- Coles Sour cream to serve
- Coles Salsa to serve
- Whisk the eggs together with the tabasco in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp EVOO in a pan over a medium heat and fry off the chorizo for 2 minutes until richer in colour. Reduce the heat to low and remove the pan from the heat to cool slightly. Return the pan to low and add the eggs, stirring continuously with a spatula for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until just scrambled (the eggs will cook further in the quesadilla). Remove from the heat and add the jalapenos, shallots, coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the wraps on a work bench, sprinkle one half of each wrap with half of the cheese, spoon on the egg mixture and top with remaining cheese and fold the wraps over the filling into a semi-circle shape.
- Heat the remaining oil a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Lay the quesadillas gently into the pan, back to back and cook until lightly browned on the underside, approximately 1-2 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a chopping board and cut each in half and allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Tempranillo or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...