2 – 4 people
- 5 eggs
- 1/2-1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 chorizo, skinned, finely diced
- 2-3 pickled jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup sharp vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Simsons Pantry Wholegrain wraps
- Coles Sour cream to serve
- Coles Salsa to serve
- Whisk the eggs together with the tabasco in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp EVOO in a pan over a medium heat and fry off the chorizo for 2 minutes until richer in colour. Reduce the heat to low and remove the pan from the heat to cool slightly. Return the pan to low and add the eggs, stirring continuously with a spatula for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until just scrambled (the eggs will cook further in the quesadilla). Remove from the heat and add the jalapenos, shallots, coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the wraps on a work bench, sprinkle one half of each wrap with half of the cheese, spoon on the egg mixture and top with remaining cheese and fold the wraps over the filling into a semi-circle shape.
- Heat the remaining oil a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Lay the quesadillas gently into the pan, back to back and cook until lightly browned on the underside, approximately 1-2 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden and crisp. Transfer to a chopping board and cut each in half and allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Tempranillo or Rose.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...