Broccoli and Chickpea Soup w/ Pinenut Dukkah
4 – 6 people
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets separated and stalks roughly diced
- 1 can Coles chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 5 cups Massel Vegetable stock
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt, plus extra to garnish
- 2/3 cup pinenuts
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked pepper
- ½ tsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic, stirring often until soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Add broccoli stalks and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the broccoli florets, spinach and chickpeas and stir through until spinach wilts slightly. Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Season with a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Remove from heat and using a stick blender, blitz to break up the vegetables and chickpeas into a creamier consistency. Stir in the yoghurt, taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Meanwhile, place a fry pan over a medium heat and toast the pinenuts, coriander and cumin seeds for approximately 5 minutes, tossing to mix often. Add sesame seeds and toast for a further 5 minutes until nuts and seeds are golden. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and gently pound to break up spices. Add the remaining dukkah ingredients and mix together. Taste and adjust if required.
- To serve, divide soup into bowls, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a generous sprinkle of dukkah. Serve with crusty bread.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...