Broccoli and Chickpea Soup w/ Pinenut Dukkah
4 – 6 people
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets separated and stalks roughly diced
- 1 can Coles chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 5 cups Massel Vegetable stock
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt, plus extra to garnish
- 2/3 cup pinenuts
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked pepper
- ½ tsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic, stirring often until soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Add broccoli stalks and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the broccoli florets, spinach and chickpeas and stir through until spinach wilts slightly. Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Season with a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Remove from heat and using a stick blender, blitz to break up the vegetables and chickpeas into a creamier consistency. Stir in the yoghurt, taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Meanwhile, place a fry pan over a medium heat and toast the pinenuts, coriander and cumin seeds for approximately 5 minutes, tossing to mix often. Add sesame seeds and toast for a further 5 minutes until nuts and seeds are golden. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and gently pound to break up spices. Add the remaining dukkah ingredients and mix together. Taste and adjust if required.
- To serve, divide soup into bowls, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a generous sprinkle of dukkah. Serve with crusty bread.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...