Broccoli and Chickpea Soup w/ Pinenut Dukkah
4 – 6 people
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets separated and stalks roughly diced
- 1 can Coles chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 5 cups Massel Vegetable stock
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt, plus extra to garnish
- 2/3 cup pinenuts
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked pepper
- ½ tsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic, stirring often until soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Add broccoli stalks and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften. Add the broccoli florets, spinach and chickpeas and stir through until spinach wilts slightly. Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Season with a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Remove from heat and using a stick blender, blitz to break up the vegetables and chickpeas into a creamier consistency. Stir in the yoghurt, taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Meanwhile, place a fry pan over a medium heat and toast the pinenuts, coriander and cumin seeds for approximately 5 minutes, tossing to mix often. Add sesame seeds and toast for a further 5 minutes until nuts and seeds are golden. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and gently pound to break up spices. Add the remaining dukkah ingredients and mix together. Taste and adjust if required.
- To serve, divide soup into bowls, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a generous sprinkle of dukkah. Serve with crusty bread.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...