2 – 4 people
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic EVOO, plus extra to serve
- 2 leeks, white parts only, washed, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400g washed potatoes, chopped
- 700g (about 2 heads broccoli, trimmed, chopped
- 1 litre Massel reduced salt chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¾ cup Coles Greek yoghurt to serve
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely sliced
- 80g grated Coles English cheddar cheese
- 80g Coles nutty firm cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 thick slices rye bread
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add leek, garlic and a pinch of sea salt and stir for 4-5 minutes. Add potatoes, broccoli and stock. Bring up to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted. Blitz the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Meanwhile for the cheesy toasts, pre heat the oven to 220 degrees C. Mix together the cheese, sauces and egg in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture onto the bread and bake on a lined oven tray for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Cut into thick fingers.
- Place the soup into serving bowls and dollop over the Greek yoghurt, olive oil, chives and serve with hot cheesy toast on the side for dipping.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Barbera.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...