Broccoli Tabbouleh & Lamb Meatballs
- 2 heads broccoli, roughly grated on a box grater, of finely chopped
- 80ml Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil Light Flavour
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup pistachio nuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ cup currants
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch mint, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 500g Coles lamb mince
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp tahini paste
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Broccoli tabbouleh: heat 20ml of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the grated broccoli, season with a pinch of sea salt and cook for 2-3 minutes to slightly soften the broccoli. Remove the broccoli from the pan and place in a large bowl to cool.
- Whisk together 40ml of olive oil with the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
- Lamb meatballs: place the mince into a large bowl. Add in the cumin, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt. Using clean hands, mix well and roll the into golf ball sized meatballs (you should have around 20 meatballs).
- Wipe the frying pan clean with kitchen towel and place back onto a medium heat.
- Add remaining olive oil and cook the meatballs for 6-8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Chickpea dressing: Combine all ingredients, in a small food processor until smooth.
- Mix all the remaining tabbouleh ingredients into the broccoli and pour over the lemon dressing. Toss well to coat then place the tabbouleh onto serving plates. Top with the meatballs and drizzle over the chickpea dressing. Garnish with extra mint leaves.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...