2 – 4 people
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve
- 400g skinless, boneless Coles chicken thigh, sliced into ½ cm strips
- 250g Lurpak slightly salted butter
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon Coles chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground turmeric
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- Steamed basmati rice to serve (Coles microwave pocket is fine)
- Place 1 teaspoon each of the cumin and coriander along with the garlic, ginger and lemon juice into a small blender and blitz into a paste.
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl and rub with 1 tablespoon of the garlic mixture and set aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt 125g of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the remaining garlic paste for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until broken down. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a blender and add in the remaining cumin and coriander, chilli powder, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric and blend into a puree.
- Melt the remaining 250g of butter in a frying pan and cook the chicken on a high heat until golden brown. Add the puree and cook on a gentle simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey and cream and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the sauce is rich and thick. Season to taste before serving with steamed rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Viognier or Grenache Blends
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...