2 – 4 people
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve
- 400g skinless, boneless Coles chicken thigh, sliced into ½ cm strips
- 250g Lurpak slightly salted butter
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon Coles chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Coles ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Coles ground turmeric
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- Steamed basmati rice to serve (Coles microwave pocket is fine)
- Place 1 teaspoon each of the cumin and coriander along with the garlic, ginger and lemon juice into a small blender and blitz into a paste.
- Place the chicken strips into a bowl and rub with 1 tablespoon of the garlic mixture and set aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt 125g of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the remaining garlic paste for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until broken down. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a blender and add in the remaining cumin and coriander, chilli powder, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric and blend into a puree.
- Melt the remaining 250g of butter in a frying pan and cook the chicken on a high heat until golden brown. Add the puree and cook on a gentle simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey and cream and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the sauce is rich and thick. Season to taste before serving with steamed rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Viognier or Grenache Blends
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...