Ceviche with Crispy Wontons
2 – 4 people
- 1 medium sized Amberjack fillet
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Lebanese cucumber deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ golden shallot, finely chopped
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coriander stem, finely chopped
- Kaffir Lime leaves, chiffonade (see note)
- 10 wonton skins
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Remove any dark areas or bloodlines from the fillet and dice into 1 cm cubes. Combine in a bowl with cucumber, chili, kaffir, salt, coriander stem, shallot and mix to combine
- Before serving dress with lime juice and taste, adjusting with salt if necessary. Feel free to add extra chilli – this would be my preference!
- Heat oil to 190C in a small pan or fryer and fry wonton skins until puffed and golden.
- Garnish ceviche with coriander leaves and kaffir lime, and crispy wontons on the side.
** Note – To chiffonade, cut the stem out of the kaffir lime leaves, stack them together and roll them up tightly. Using a sharp knife, finely slice them into very thin ribbons.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...