Ceviche with Crispy Wontons
2 – 4 people
- 1 medium sized Amberjack fillet
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Lebanese cucumber deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ golden shallot, finely chopped
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coriander stem, finely chopped
- Kaffir Lime leaves, chiffonade (see note)
- 10 wonton skins
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Remove any dark areas or bloodlines from the fillet and dice into 1 cm cubes. Combine in a bowl with cucumber, chili, kaffir, salt, coriander stem, shallot and mix to combine
- Before serving dress with lime juice and taste, adjusting with salt if necessary. Feel free to add extra chilli – this would be my preference!
- Heat oil to 190C in a small pan or fryer and fry wonton skins until puffed and golden.
- Garnish ceviche with coriander leaves and kaffir lime, and crispy wontons on the side.
** Note – To chiffonade, cut the stem out of the kaffir lime leaves, stack them together and roll them up tightly. Using a sharp knife, finely slice them into very thin ribbons.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...