Ceviche with Crispy Wontons
2 – 4 people
- 1 medium sized Amberjack fillet
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Lebanese cucumber deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ golden shallot, finely chopped
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. coriander stem, finely chopped
- Kaffir Lime leaves, chiffonade (see note)
- 10 wonton skins
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Remove any dark areas or bloodlines from the fillet and dice into 1 cm cubes. Combine in a bowl with cucumber, chili, kaffir, salt, coriander stem, shallot and mix to combine
- Before serving dress with lime juice and taste, adjusting with salt if necessary. Feel free to add extra chilli – this would be my preference!
- Heat oil to 190C in a small pan or fryer and fry wonton skins until puffed and golden.
- Garnish ceviche with coriander leaves and kaffir lime, and crispy wontons on the side.
** Note – To chiffonade, cut the stem out of the kaffir lime leaves, stack them together and roll them up tightly. Using a sharp knife, finely slice them into very thin ribbons.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...