2 – 4 people
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 cups Coles soy milk (or preferred milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Small pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 pear, cored, chopped
- 1 pear, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, or pistachios roughly chopped
- Coles Maple Syrup
- Add all the porridge ingredients to a medium pot and place over a medium-low heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often to avoid any sticking to the bottom. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring often for 15-20 minutes until the liquid has been well absorbed. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Divide into serving bowls and top with extra fruit and nuts. Chill any leftover and enjoy within 2-3 days, cold or warm.
- *Alternate with seasonal fruit.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Verdelho.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...