2 – 4 people
- 2 x Coles charcoal brioche buns
- 2 x 150g fillets firm white fish, such as red snapper, blue eye or bream
- ½ cup plain flour for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Cobram Estate Light EVOO for frying
- 4 leaves butter lettuce, washed
CRUSHED PEA MAYO:
- 160g frozen peas, blanched
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons ZoOSh whole egg mayonnaise
- Place the peas into a jug and blitz using a stick blender. Mix the crushed peas with the spring onion, dill, lemon, mayonnaise and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan to 160 degrees C. Coat the fish with the flour, then dust off any excess. Place fish into egg, then into breadcrumbs. Fry the crumbed fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat the brioche rolls in a grill pan before placing in the lettuce and crispy fish. Dollop the crushed pea mayo over the fish and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Prosecco.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...