2 – 4 people
- 2 x Coles charcoal brioche buns
- 2 x 150g fillets firm white fish, such as red snapper, blue eye or bream
- ½ cup plain flour for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Cobram Estate Light EVOO for frying
- 4 leaves butter lettuce, washed
CRUSHED PEA MAYO:
- 160g frozen peas, blanched
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons ZoOSh whole egg mayonnaise
- Place the peas into a jug and blitz using a stick blender. Mix the crushed peas with the spring onion, dill, lemon, mayonnaise and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan to 160 degrees C. Coat the fish with the flour, then dust off any excess. Place fish into egg, then into breadcrumbs. Fry the crumbed fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat the brioche rolls in a grill pan before placing in the lettuce and crispy fish. Dollop the crushed pea mayo over the fish and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Prosecco.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...