2 – 4 people
- 1pkt Ainsley Harriott Roast Vegetable Cous Cous
- 160mL hot water
- 1 red onion
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of mint
- 50g roasted almonds, chopped
- 100g Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- 1tbs tahini
- 1tsp cumin powder
- Cobram Estate light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cous cous, olive oil and hot water. Set aside, allowing cous cous to rehydrate.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a stove. Slice eggplant and zucchini into thick 0.5-1 cm thick slices.
- Cut onion into eighths. Put vegetables onto plate and dress with a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
- Carefully lay vegetables across griddle pan and drizzle tops with a little extra olive oil. Allow vegetables to chargrill on one side and then turn to char the other. Take of heat and set aside.
- Once all water has been absorbed by cous cous, mix through chargrilled onion. Cut chargrilled eggplant and zucchini into rough chunks and mix through cous cous.
- Pick mint leaves off stem and tear into salad. Do the same with the coriander, stirring through.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the yoghurt dressing. Combine the yoghurt, drizzle of olive oil, pinch of salt, tahini and cumin.
- To serve, spread ¾ of the yoghurt dressing onto the base of a serving platter. Cover with cous cous salad. Top with toasted almonds, extra mint and coriander leaves, and the remaining yoghurt dressing.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sangiovese.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...