Chargrilled Vegetables and Couscous Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
- 1 x Ainsley Harriott’s Roast Vegetable Couscous
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Zucchini, cut into ½ cm slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 4 even pieces/sides
- 1 large flat mushroom, sliced
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4tbs Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbs grain mustard
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil – for couscous
- Empty couscous packet into a bowl and pour 160ml of boiling water. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and stir. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until the water has absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, season all vegetables with a pinch of salt and evenly coat them in olive oil. On a hot grill plate with the stove set on high, cook each piece of vegetable until cooked through and nicely charred. Roughly slice vegetables further and combine them with the couscous in a salad bowl. Dress the salad with grain mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, enough to give the salad a nice shine without drowning it in oil. Lastly, mix the basil leaves through.
- Serve salad with an extra drizzle of olive oil and extra basil leaves. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...