Chargrilled Vegetables and Couscous Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
- 1 x Ainsley Harriott’s Roast Vegetable Couscous
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Zucchini, cut into ½ cm slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 4 even pieces/sides
- 1 large flat mushroom, sliced
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4tbs Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbs grain mustard
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil – for couscous
- Empty couscous packet into a bowl and pour 160ml of boiling water. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and stir. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until the water has absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, season all vegetables with a pinch of salt and evenly coat them in olive oil. On a hot grill plate with the stove set on high, cook each piece of vegetable until cooked through and nicely charred. Roughly slice vegetables further and combine them with the couscous in a salad bowl. Dress the salad with grain mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, enough to give the salad a nice shine without drowning it in oil. Lastly, mix the basil leaves through.
- Serve salad with an extra drizzle of olive oil and extra basil leaves. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...