Chargrilled Vegetables and Couscous Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
- 1 x Ainsley Harriott’s Roast Vegetable Couscous
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Zucchini, cut into ½ cm slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 4 even pieces/sides
- 1 large flat mushroom, sliced
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4tbs Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbs grain mustard
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil – for couscous
- Empty couscous packet into a bowl and pour 160ml of boiling water. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and stir. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until the water has absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, season all vegetables with a pinch of salt and evenly coat them in olive oil. On a hot grill plate with the stove set on high, cook each piece of vegetable until cooked through and nicely charred. Roughly slice vegetables further and combine them with the couscous in a salad bowl. Dress the salad with grain mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, enough to give the salad a nice shine without drowning it in oil. Lastly, mix the basil leaves through.
- Serve salad with an extra drizzle of olive oil and extra basil leaves. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...