2 – 4 people
SERVES 4 AS A BRUNCH:
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate classic EVOO
- 200g green beans, sliced into 1cm lengths
- 1 cup curly kale, washed and chopped
- 3 x Ainsley Harriott Indian rice, couscous and lentil 70g snack pots
- 185g Coles Tasmanian Hot Smoked salmon pack, skin removed, flaked
- ¼ bunch coriander
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Cobram Estate classic EVOO for frying
- 1 red onion, peeled, finely sliced into half moons
- Cook the eggs in a pot of salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes. Place them into a bowl of iced water, peel and set aside.
- To make the fried onions, heat the oil over a medium heat in a small frying pan. Cook the onions for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and green beans and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes. Add the kale and the Ainsley snackpots to the pan with enough hot water to rehydrate the rice mixture. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until the rice and couscous are soft. Scatter in the hot smoked salmon and remove from the heat.Grate over the lemon zest and squeeze in some juice. Cut the eggs and place them on top of the rice mixture. Scatter with coriander sprigs and fried onions before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a with a richly flavoured chilled white wine like Pinot Gris or a silken smooth Grenache as eggs, oily smoked fish and fried onions give a mouthful of intense flavour.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...